Assistant Video Producer
This is a new, entry-level position that we are looking to fill in the spring or summer of 2018. It will be an hourly position with opportunities for overtime. Applicants must be available to work a varied schedule of weekdays, weeknights, and weekends. Hourly pay will be dependent on the work experience and qualifications of the applicant.
Benefits will include annual paid vacation and time-off. As the business and number of clients grow, our goal is to increase pay and add benefits to all employees accordingly. Team members will benefit and develop along with the business.
This job will be based at our Optix location in downtown Hastings but will include travel for video production projects. These can vary from a single-day video shoot to several-day video shoots.
- Prepares written project proposals with direction from the CEO
- Assists with the production of storyboards, scripts, shot lists, and call sheets
- Coordinates travel accommodations for video shoots
- Assists with location scouting
- Assist with storage and maintenance of camera and other production gear
- Responsible for all sound recordings on set including interview audio and natural sound audio
- Responsible for importing and cataloging all raw video and audio files from video shoots
- Assists Lead Editor with initial rough edits
- Assists Lead Editor with audio mixing capabilities
- Administrative Work
- Assist with expense tracking and invoicing
We aren't looking for someone that is an expert at these tasks. What we are looking for is someone that has a great attitude, works well with a team, is passionate about video production, and is willing and eager to learn and train on the job.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit the form below.